Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Word of God is Light - He - Psalm 119:33-40


He (Verses:33-40)

This letter represents a window, a lattice or a house with a window. It suggests the letting in of light or revelation. Remember that in the Hebrew language the first letter in each of these eight verses is the Hebrew letter "he". Each section of eight verses begins with the same Hebrew letter that is found as the heading of each section of those eight verses in Psalm 119.
33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
     that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
     and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
     for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
     and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
     preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
     so that you may be feared.
39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
     for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!
     In your righteousness preserve my life.
The psalmist asks for the light of the Word of God to enter his soul when he says, “teach me”, “give me understanding”, “direct me”, “turn my heart”, and “turn my eyes”. Two things he recognizes as blocking the entrance of the light of the Word are “selfish gain” and “worthless things”. Worthless things would refer to false teachings, false gods, worldly philosophies, etc. Here we see that the Word of God, understood in the heart of a man, removes disgrace and preserves life.



Galyn Wiemers
Generation Word
http://www.generationword.com

No comments: